iCamps: A New Online World With Endless Possibilities
The ongoing global situation has thrown plenty of surprises at all of us. While we couldn't have imagined a world in which children's activities and social interactions are limited as they currently are - we are also blessed to live in a time that technology lets us facilitate virtual programs, online education and connect LIVE with family and friends across the world.
Camp Asia "iCamps" taps into the online possibilities - utilising international school educators with months of online learning experience - to deliver a new type of Action and Fun For Everyone this Summer.
What are iCamps?
- iCamps are an online adaptation of our usual week-long camps - delivered by professional educators via Zoom.
- iCamps are half-day format, from 9am to 12pm daily.
Why join a Camp Asia iCamp?
- Maintaining some routine during the home-based period
- Educational and/or creative engagements every day
- Access to world-class educators during school holidays
- LIVE interaction with friends from all over the world
- Exploring new hobbies and skill-sets while being at home
- Most importantly... a daily dose of ACTION & FUN FOR EVERYONE
How do iCamps Work?
- After enrolling in an iCamp, you will receive an email containing Zoom Link, Meeting ID & password to access the conference.
- On the Thursday prior to your week of camp, Camp Asia will send your child's lesson guide for the week. (This will be a webpage that you can print, or access digitally)
- On the Friday prior to your week of camp, you will be invited for a 'test call' to test your access to the room, meet the teacher, classmates, and ask any clarifying questions you/your child may have!
- Camps are purely synchronous (meaning instructors will deliver their classes LIVE)
- There will be one 30-minute break each day (typically 10-1030am). During this break, kids are welcome to switch off, but there is also a virtual playground option - a separate room where CA hosts will provide quizzes, games, or entertainment.
- Most camps will culminate in some form of show-n-tell, showcase or round-up quiz to round-off the week.